We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo vs. House Rental

Yorkville, IL
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Condo vs. House Rental

We are planning a trip to MB in July, 2006. It will be my husband, 2 kids and myself. My brother and his wife are staying at their timeshare. My sister and her daugher with spouses and kids are also coming.

I just got back from Smoky Mountains and rented a brand new cabin - it was great - clean and tons of room.

Now that we are planning this vacation - I know I DO NOT want a hotel room. The condos look so big - like there would be tons of people everywhere.

Has anyone rented a house? Could you send me the websites of the names of house rentals or even condo rentals that you would recommend.

Looking forward to it! Thanks

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo vs. House Rental

Try Booe realty www.booerealty.com

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo vs. House Rental

We stay in the Surfside Beach/Garden City Beach area and love it, very family oriented and less crowded than Myrtle. It is only 15 mins south of Broadway at the Beach and we can be downtown MB in 30 mins. Almost all the homes in this area have private pools and most are new within the last 5 years. We rent through Seaside Rentals, go to seasiderentalsonline.com to look at the houses or gardencityrealty.com.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,451 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo vs. House Rental

best website there is for this is www.vrbo.com.

These are condos AND houses that are privately owned. You rent directly from the owner. I've rented houses and condos and have always been pleased. Click on the state (SC) and the beach (Myrtle Beach) and you will see close to a hundred listings to choose from. You can narrow it down according to bedrooms (1-6). Have fun looking!

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo vs. House Rental

Try www.discovermyrtlebeach.com Click on virtual tours they have a bunch of beach houses with great pictures.

princeton,wv
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo vs. House Rental

We just returned from our trip on thursday. We rented a house off of vrbo, at surfside beach. It had been 13 yrs since our last trip to the beach, and although I was afraid to rent from an individual, it worked out great. I was looking for a place for my 2 small grandchildren, and also to take my pet. We stayed at oceanside village, which is a lovely gated community. Very quiet. Lots of lakes with ducks and swans (my dog enjoyed chasing them into the water), and an indoor and outdoor pool, playground for the kids, and you will see everyone riding their golf carts to the beach. Although the weather was not the best, we enjoyed the house we rented, and it was very reasonable. My husband would have liked something closer to the beach, but for the price, cleanliness and being able to take my dog, it was worth it to me. You can also try greatvacationrentals.com.

princeton,wv
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo vs. House Rental

Sorry, that site is greatrentals.com