We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

A buddy and I are going down for a little less than a week. We have never been to myrtle beach and we are not really sure where to stay. We found a couple of hotels to stay at that will allow 18 year olds but not that great of a selection. All the Super 8's allow 18 year olds and then the Sheraton. The sheraton is nice but a little bit more than what we wanted to spend. Then the Super 8 is like a last resort to us. Does anyone know of any other places? I've looked through older topics but all of the older hotels policies have seemed to changed since the topic post date. Also, where exactly do we want to be so we are in the center of things? Where is all the night life?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

The only other places I know that rent to 18 and up is

Sandcastle Resort (1-800-910-5368) this is on North Ocean Blvd in myrtle beach. The one on South Ocean blvd in Myrtle does not rent to 18 and up.

Poindexter - (1-800-248-0003) this is on 17 Ave N ocean blvd they rent to 18 and up.

not many places in Myrtle will rent to under 25. So, its going to be hard to find a place. Most places don't due to the damages to the property when allowing under 25 to stay.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

Don't know that it's any better than the Super 8 but my son stayed at The Polynesian a few years ago (when he was 18).

Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

I'll check out those places.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,411 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

I think the Atlantica does too.

Are you going soon? Since most 18 yr olds are in school, either high school or college, may not much of a crowd your age there. Lots to do at Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing.

Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay/Go for 18 year olds

We are going sep. 11-16. A lot of College's start late September, at least here. I'm sure there will be people out there