We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

Well, we are or were scheduled to take off next Fri for Ft Walton/Destin beach, it does not look good and we have decided to cancel or condo rental, although since the phones are still down I've not been able to get through....needless to say I had spent many long nights online to find the perfect condo for us:(

So now I must start again but only days to do it in! I'd truly love any advise in finding a spot, thanks in advance:)

The main things I'm looking for:

1. oceanfront

2. kid friendly

3. kiddie pool & pool

4. pet-free/smoke-free(kids w/ severe allergies!)

5. kitchen & would perfer washer/dryer

6. I need a place w/ at least 4 beds(15, 14, 2, 4 and us)~I'm having a hard time w/ this is seems many don't have that many beds.

7. Oh and Iim a germ freak, perfer a very clean place:)

We don't need golf, just a pool and a somewhat less crowded beach in a clean, safe area....

Thanks!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

wELL, i'VE BEEN SEARCHING THE LAST FEW HOURS ON MY SLOW DIAL UP...

This is a small list that I came up with...

Sea watch

kingston plantation

compass cove

grandshores ocean resort

ocean creek

beach cove....

I'm still searching?

Pikeville, Ky.
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

Here is the place our family always stays at: Regency Towers

http://www.regencymb.com/index.htm

1. oceanfront - YES

2. kid friendly - YES

3. kiddie pool & pool -YES & Yes

4. pet-free/smoke-free - yes & yes (most condos)

5. kitchen & would perfer washer/dryer - YES & YES

6. I need a place w/ at least 4 beds - YES

7. perfer a very clean place:) - YES

Only problem is that it may be booked up.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

I think you would be happy with Sea watch or Kingston Plantation.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

My wife and I returned from MB about 4 weeks ago and stayed at Grande Shores, we have stayed at many places in MB and this is by far the best place so far. We liked it so much we are going back in a month and bringing our 2 small children.

1. oceanfront - Yes

2. kid friendly - Yes, 2 lazy rivers, Indoor kiddie Pool, Swing set/playground, daily scheduled kids activities.

3. kiddie pool & pool - See Above 2 lazy rivers, 3 pools, 1 indoor kiddie pool

4. pet-free/smoke-free(kids w/ severe allergies!) - No pets allowed, lots of no smoking

5. kitchen & would perfer washer/dryer - kitchen and washer and dryer in 2, 3 bedroom condos

6. I need a place w/ at least 4 beds(15, 14, 2, 4 and us)~I'm having a hard time w/ this is seems many don't have that many beds. -2 & 3 bedroom Condos. 2 bedroom condos have 1 king bed, 2 double bed and pull out queen size in sofa, 3 bedroom condos have 2 king beds and 2 double beds, and queen size sleeper in sofa

7. Oh and Iim a germ freak, perfer a very clean place:) - we found it very clean all the time.

I hope this helps out a little bit, should you have any other questions feel free to write me back and I will give you my email address.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

Hi we stay at Ocean Creek and went through a private owner and our condo is beautiful and sleeps 8. It is a beautiful resort across from Barefoot Landing. I have been to Sea Watch and Kingston Plantation and you can not go wrong there either. Have you checked Vacations By Owner? The Beaches at these resorts are not crowded you have alot of beach. I stayed at Kingston Plantation I believe it was the Margate but at this time I am not sure. I was able to tour one condo at Sea Watch and it was nice, they do have a beautiful pool area.

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

Go to www.myrtlebeachbestwestern.com ask for new oceanfront tower it is totally smoke free and has a nice pool area very nice hotel highly rated in reviews.

sumter,sc
Level Contributor
263 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

I would sugget Sea Watch.. it has something for all of your kids.

:o)

Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

I highly recommend the Crown Reef, the pool area is awesome for kids and they have a kids program, also I believe they are running some specials on there website. I was just there at the end of June, they have smoke free rooms, not sure about the 4 beds but they have many different rooms so probably and they are at the end of the strip, the nicest quietest part of the beach, it is a kids paradise. Also the rooms and the resort were very clean.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute change in vacation due to Dennis:( HELP!

Thanks all!

Well, I'm back at it tonight....

I'll check w/ all on my list and see whats available...thanks:)