We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay???

South Carolina
8 posts
1 review
Where to stay???

I'm going to MB sometime in July and I'm on a budget. What are some nice places to stay with reasonable prices? I've recently looked at springmaid resort and have considered staying at the Jamaican inn after reading the positive comments on this site. My only concern with the Jamaican is they have do not have non smoking rooms and I'm afraid the rooms will smell. Looking for some advice

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay???

Try the Viking Oceanfront Motel or the Affordable Family Resort

ohio
1 post
1 review
2. Re: Where to stay???

We are leaving tomorrow night (YIPEE!!!) for the Meridian Plaza. My husband and I have booked a king bed, fully equipped full sized kitchen, sleeper sofa, oceanfront balcony, oceanfront room for 95 per night. Give it a try! I believe it's number 59 on the popularity list for MB.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay???

The Best western Grand Stand has a lot of non-smoking rooms and non smoking common area no smoking policy.If you book them on line you get 10% off their rates.you might want to consider them.www.myrtlebeachbestwestern.com They start out at about $111.00 plus an extra 10% off.I believe they offer free breakfast too which will save money too.Good luck and have fun.

South Carolina
8 posts
1 review
4. Re: Where to stay???

thanks for the advise, I'll check into these hotels.

Surfside
Level Contributor
47 posts
5. Re: Where to stay???

There are hordes of cheap hotels along the blvd, but are by no means as nice as some of the larger ones. But however, they usually still are clean on the inside, if not a little rustic on the outside. This month, I had some friend's come down from Clemson and they stayed at the Blue Bay Inn along the blvd. and seemed to like it. The room had two double beds in it and was clean.