We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandcastle at the pavillion or south beach???

swansboro, north...
Level Contributor
22 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
sandcastle at the pavillion or south beach???

We are trying to make reservations for a stay in Myrtle Beach in July and I just received an email from sandcastle resorts. has anyone stayed there and if so are the rooms clean (major priority)and what are in rooms--ie coffee makers or hair dryers. Are they pretty up to date or are these older resorts? Also what about the Grand Shores. Have seen good reviews on this one. Any more comments?

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandcastle at the pavillion or south beach???

grande shores is excellent. We stayed there last summer and are going again this Sun. Nice ,clean rooms and pools lazy rivers etc. Great service at front desk and from maids. They even call you when you check in to make sure everything is ok for you!

Heard the Sandcastle south is better than the pavillion location. Look up the reviews on tripadvisor and see. Have not stayed there but got an email for a great rate. Already had reservations at Grande Shores though.

Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sandcastle at the pavillion or south beach???

I just stayed at the Sandcastle South Beach from 6/19-6/24, If you are getting a good rate it is not bad. I believe it is much better than the pavillion. It is somewhat typical for a beach hotel, the carpeting has seen better days, the room was not filthy but not immaculate either. That said it looked better than a lot of the other hotels near by. I stayed at the crown reef a couple of days also, and I liked that better than the Sandcastle South Beach, but the Sandcastle had $79, a night for an oceanview suite, so that was hard to beat, it was worth it for that price but I would not pay over a $100 a night for it though. The pools were ok but I felt lacked security, kids were running all over the place, I had a child jump on me while I was using the lazy river, not too relaxing.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach