We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EZ pass

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cranston, RI
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
EZ pass

Anyone know if it is worth getting EZ Pass for the one trip back and forth I make a year?

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EZ pass

Are you driving from Rhode Island to Myrtle Beach?

I believe all of the states that you will drive through on the way to MB participates in it. Although in Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina, you won't need it.

So is it worth paying I believe $20.00 for the pass, I don't know probably so especially on the Mass. Turnpike and NY/NJ turnpikes. So you will actually pay the same and avoid lines.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EZ pass

Hi rpatrizio,

I just recently got the EZpass and I am happy with it. I believe it is 3 dollars per year for the transponder but if you choose the automatic replenishment by using a credit card you don't have to pay any kind of deposit. The thing is you have to keep 35 dollars in the account and if you fall below $10 they will charge your card so it reaches 35 dollars again. I guess you would have to decide if you want to tie up 35 dollars from you credit card if you only use it once a year. I can tell you we just got back last week from Myrtle Beach and our toll charges totaled $19.50. We took I95 and some of the loops around Baltimore and Washington.

It was worth whizzing by everyone else waiting to pay the toll. If you do decide to get it just make sure you go the posted speed limit through the EZ pass lane, a violation (that they send in the mail) wouldn't make it worth it.

3. Re: EZ pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 04, 2009