We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing Myrtle this weekend

2 posts
Golfing Myrtle this weekend

First time golfing in Myrtle beach. Arriving Thursday evening (by plane) and golfing Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Wondering if anyone can tell me how its looking with the flooding. All the golf courses are saying that they are open. Legends, TPC, and Heritage Club are the courses we are playing. Any thoughts or opinions if the flooding is going to impact those areas? thanks for your help

8 replies to this topic
1. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

This site shows you can book a tee time this Saturday , which would imply that they're open , but there sure is a lot of tee times available ... ? …guestdesk.com/reservations/…9235

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
804 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

Yes most will be open by Thursday. This was posted yesterday and addresses all of your courses.

https:/…article218546220.html

3. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

Thanks for the link ! I'm heading down for my annual trip at the end of October .

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
153 reviews
4. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

Thanks Rick! Good to know!

2 posts
5. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

Will the flooding of the Waccamaw river impact these areas? That is my concern. I know they are open now but what will happen over the weekend as the Waccamaw river rises?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
715 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

The Witch and Aberdeen Country Club are likely to be affected by the rising water but those are the only two that I know of right now.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
804 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

Agree with Khu, those are the two you can guarantee won’t be open. I played 4 days after Hugo and besides the constant sounds of chain saws and some wet areas (mostly Bunkers) courses were quite playable. The sandy ground drains faster then most realize. So I wouldn’t expect great conditions but very playable.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
804 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Golfing Myrtle this weekend

By the way for a first time visit you picked some great courses. Heritage and TPC are awesome!

Reply to: Golfing Myrtle this weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted