We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

I am staying at baywatch resort talk with them today they said they should be open with out a problem what my concerns our i Keep hearing a lot about potential flooding would that be anywhere near where I am staying I will be on the northside in Myrtle Beach six minutes drive from barefoot Landing is there a boiling alerts is the ocean safe For bacteria for swimming right now I am flying so that is not a concern and so far my airline Hasn’t said anything I want to make sure my family will be safe and is it worth going stuff going to be open I talked to different locals one told me that it’s beautiful I really hope to go but I will not risk my families life to do so

16 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,183 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

River flooding is the current issue.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

So is that in Myrtle Beach

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

Lacy, I would suggest you monitor the Sun News:

www.myrtlebeachonline.com

Major flooding is expected. I just read some sections of the MB area are experiencing high water. Even if floodwaters never creep into your section, you could nevertheless be impacted if main access roads are flooded. Hotels and restaurants depend on daily deliveries of supplies & services.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
717 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

The good news is the airport has long since resumed operations and the city is in clean up mode with more and more places reporting "open for business." The bad news is at least four rivers are expected to crest in the next 48 hours which could have a substantial impact on the entire grand strand.

I don't know of any advisories as far as boiling water, but I would probably avoid the ocean due to not only possible contamination due to the massive amounts of storm drainage but the possibility of rip currents as well. Beyond that just follow the local news as daddio suggests.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

This is Monday. You're planning to come 5 days from now. I don't know why daddio is so intent on keeping people out of Myrtle Beach, but you'd be well-advised to ignore his pessimism. Come on to North Myrtle and enjoy your vacation.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

Mike, I was just answering her question. MB dodged a bullet & fared surprisingly well. If people want to come to MB right away, I have no problem with that, but they have a right to know what to expect. In fact, if driving, it may be better to come now than a few days from now. I would just urge everyone to check current news & road conditions beforehand. Personally, I would fly in or wait.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
271 reviews
7. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

You will have no problems by the 22nd. Most resorts are now open.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
153 reviews
8. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

Lacy, you will be fine. Come on down! Just remember....Bay Watch is in the City of North Myrtle Beach....not Myrtle Beach. (same street address...different city!) It can be confusing.

And...next time you post, please use punctuation marks. Thanks and have a great time in North Myrtle Beach!

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,302 reviews
9. Re: Supposed to leave for north Myrtle Beach Saturday

Always good to have advice from Folks in the Carolinas -

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
153 reviews