We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying To Narrow Down Location

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
153 reviews
Trying To Narrow Down Location

Good Evening,

I wanted to know the best part of Myrtle Beach to stay in to meet my needs. I would like to be an area that's preferably on the beach, and that is close to nightlife and entertainment. There will be a couple of us traveling, ages range from 28-31. Would like to get on the skywheel, and visit the amusement park. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, is it necessary to get e rental car?

Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
272 reviews
1. Re: Trying To Narrow Down Location

Check out Sandy Beach, Oceans One, Camelot, The Breakers, Holiday INN Pavilion. All will suit your needs.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,767 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: Trying To Narrow Down Location

If you are there for only a few days...2 or three, then a car might not be necessary. You could uber or taxi to some places. But, MB is so spread out with great restaurants and attractions all over the place, it really is best to have a vehicle of your own.

To be in between the Skywheel and the Family Kingdom Amusement Park (it's just over one mile from one to the other), look at Oceans One, Meridian Plaza, or Sandy Beach. Windsurfer is a smaller motel that gets good reviews too. Bay View on the Boardwalk is good too, just know there is no outdoor pool. All of these are ocean front. There is nightlife in the Skywheel/Boardwalk area, and a quick uber ride to Broadway at the Beach would fit the bill too.

Edited: 8:12 am, April 26, 2018
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
153 reviews
3. Re: Trying To Narrow Down Location

I'll look in to those options. Thanks for your help!

Edited: 1:38 pm, April 26, 2018
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
153 reviews
4. Re: Trying To Narrow Down Location

Yes, I'd probably only spend 3 days there, 4 days tops.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to: Trying To Narrow Down Location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted