We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly hotels?

Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Topic
Family friendly hotels?

Planning a trip for early June 2018. First trip as an adult with my own family, loved the area as a kid. Not sure which areas are 'safe' with kids (2&7). Always stayed at compass cove before, not sure after reading some reviews. Would prefer to be on ocean side/ oceanfront.

5 replies to this topic
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
96 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly hotels?

The Breakers, Caribbean, and Dunes Village are all great hotels for families with kids . We Prefer the Breakers due to location and lots of restaurants to walk to . In my opinion the Paradise tower is best for families and the pools lazy river and water slides will keep the kids entertained

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
815 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly hotels?

We love Dunes Village, it has the best indoor waterpark , esp. geared to kids your age- they'd love it. We also really like the area Dunes Village is in ,the quieter north section of Myrtle Beach, it's nice and residential thru there, no other real high rises all around too close. We have also stayed at Compass Cove and enjoyed that too, no issues with it and it is usually priced better but we're won over by the waterpark at The Dunes since we go during spring break. Since you're going in June, either would be fine.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
696 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly hotels?

The further away from the boardwalk you go the quieter it gets. The area around Dunes Village is more residential which may appeal to you. Ocean Reef is even further north and has things for the little ones to enjoy. The trade off is there isn't a whole lot within walking distance. I don;t know the timeline but there will be some demolition/construction work at 21st Ave North (where Breakers is) so that might not be the best bet.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly hotels?

Kingston Plantation is very a family friendly gated resort in northern MB. They have a great little water park that is geared for children 10 and under and some nice resort pools. Not nearly as crowded as in central MB.

Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly hotels?

Thanks everybody! I think we're gonna try Compass Cove, they emailed me with a really good deal, so I figured it's worth a shot

Reply to: Family friendly hotels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted