We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help picking the right condo

Williamsport...
4 posts
Save Topic
Help picking the right condo

Next year we are planning to go to Myrtle Beach. We will be staying in a friends condo. I have looked on the RCI website at the condo's we can choose from. The plan is to pick the condo we would want to purchase our own timeshare for. Need help from more experienced Myrtle Beachers on which condo to choose. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom (actually my friend has the 2 "mirrored" condos with lockout, so they are basically 2 1 bedrooms adjoined). We want the option of our home condo to be possibly a 3 bedroom, as our only daughter is getting older and will soon be taking a friend on vacations with us. My parents also go on vacation with us every year (hence looking into ones with a 3 BR option). Anywhoo....we want to be right on the beach, but not in a crowded area of the beach (so a private, quiet beach) and good for families (not party central). The 2 condo's we are looking at are: Club Regency at Regency Towers and Wyndham Seawatch Plantation

Any info on these places and your thoughts would be appreciated. Also any information on timeshares (good or bad) from these 2 places would be awesome as well. Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Regency Towers
Regency Towers
378 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
Wyndham SeaWatch...
651 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
4 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,089 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help picking the right condo

I gave you some info in a previous post. Still stands. Read the reviews of both resorts.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28961…

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
66 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help picking the right condo

Depending on your budget, I would say look at Crescent Keyes and Bluewater Keyes in North Myrtle Beach. North Beach Plantation is very nice but very expensive. In Myrtle Beach look at Kingston Plantation area. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Crescent Keyes
Crescent Keyes
125 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
BlueWater Resort
BlueWater Resort
346 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
3,211 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
New Jersey
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help picking the right condo

Seawatch Plantation is in a great location and good for families. it is away from the party central area and the beach is lovely. The Kingston Plantation is right near there and they have many options as well. Regency Towers might be in the crowded craziness area.

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Regency Towers
Regency Towers
378 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
390 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help picking the right condo

When we were looking to purchase a condo we visited and looked at a few condos at the SeaWatch - we weren't that impressed as they are such huge buildings and we felt like the pool was in the shade most of the day... the units really seemed to be worn a bit too.

You will just have to consider what is important to you and what you can put up with.

We ended up buying in the northern section of Myrtle Beach and love this area - we are inbetween Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot landing (15 mins to either) and right up the road is restaurant row so we have many options to dining. Our beach is near the residental sections of the beach so rarely is too crowded.

We bought in a condo at the St. Clements -which is too small for what you are looking for. But, near us is Ocean Reef and also Carolina Dunes with 2 and 3 bedroom condos - however, I don't believe they have timeshares....

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,849 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Barefoot Landing
Barefoot Landing
3,372 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC