We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

In late March we are treating our friends to a trip to MB. I've reserved the penthouse at The Reef for our stay, but am wondering if there is something better out there. The cost is not an issue; in fact, I would like something that would "wow" our friends. We are all in our 40s so this is not a party situation. I am looking for something very upscale and am not sure I have the right place for it. I called The Reef asking for pics of the penthouse, and they said they didn't have any, which concerns me. Does anyone know where I can rent a great penthouse in MB or North MB? I have searched listings everywhere online for just penthouses but I can't locate anything on just penthouses for rent. Can anyone help? Does anyone have any info on the penthouse at The Reef? Is there a listing somewhere of all the penthouses in MB? Thanks!

London, KY aka...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

OK. We stayed here back in October, and it was WONDERFUL.

www.northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/condo-147.html

Here are pics of the pentouse we stayed in:

northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/unit-cke0ph4-147.…

It sleeps 10. There is a master bedroom with a king bed and bathroom next to it, a bedroom with a small bathroom with queen bed, another bedroom with two queen beds and a bathroom, and a very equipped kitchen and awesome view of the atlantic.

Here are pics from our vacation. There's some awesome views from the balcony in that album as well.... There's some shown in the pentouse itself, hope this helps.

http://thubbard3.photosite.com/Album3/

I believe we paid like, 570.00 for 4 nights/5 days.

Good luck finding a good place! We loved this one!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,546 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

Go to www.vrbo.com and in the "text search" space in the left side of that page, type in "Penthouse, Myrtle Beach".

There looks like there are around 30 condos that fit that description.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

A great penthouse that is sure to Wow your friends would be at the Ma/rina at Grande Dunes....especially the one that faces the marina with the large wrap around balcony to sit and watch the awesome sunsets....the only drawback is that it is not oceanfront, but, IMO, one of the nicest resort, condo buildings in the area....I would say that compared to the Mariott at Grande Dunes...rooms and condos are alot nicer. For something OF..I would even check out the penthouse at Southwind Villas..

Good Luck!

:)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

Sorry...I meant the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes (www.marinainnatgrandedunes.com)

:)

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

CandyVette DO NOT STAY THERE!!! We stayed there last year and NEVER AGAIN. It was dirty. You can read my review titled "The Reef Dump". They are ranked 157 by trip advisors!

Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

My friends and I always stay at the Shoreham Towers Rooftop Penthouse. This place is truly a penthouse suite and takes up the entire roof of the building. My friends and I are golfers and stay there in March every year! Here is a link:

j-mcmillanco.com/frameset/shorehamtowers_pen…

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

Thanks all for your recommendations, and they are all good ones. I am checking into changing my reservations to one you all recommended. Thanks for your help, and if you know of any more, please let me know!

8. Re: Best Penthouse in Myrtle Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 20, 2009