We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

Which Mount Pleasant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
339 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

This is a mini review of Samos Tarvena located in Mt Pleasant SC (near Charleston).

I just wanted to sing its praises... It's a greek/mediterranean restaurant. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston area. The outside of it reminded me of a hip Miami style restaurant. We drove by it on the way back from Red Drum and I just had to try it. (Ok, so architecture of the building shouldn't be a reason to try a place...but it was a good enough reason for me)

The food is extremely delicious. We can't rave enough about the lamb shank. It was the most tender, fall off the bone, lamb shank we've tried in Charleston. We were so full from the lamb shank and appetizers that we couldn't do dessert. Next time ;-)

Prices are reasonable... Parking is complimentary valet only b/c of the parking issues.

I highly recommend Samos!!!!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,804 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

Samos is very good. It has only been open a few months. They have a very extensive appetizer menu, so it would be easy to share several appetizers (tapas style) for a light dinner, if you did not want a heavier entree style dinner.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
768 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

I agree with you about Samos...I have been there a couple of times and had great experiences. I submitted their information to Tripadvisor so hopefully they will add a listing for them soon so that we can all do a review for them. Thanks for posting this on the forum, I hadn't noticed, shame on me, that they weren't already on the site.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
768 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

Samos is now listed on Tripadvisor...if you have been there go do a review.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54354-d15…

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

Thanks JT. Nice fish!

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
339 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

thanks JT!

I'll copy my review there.

6. Re: SAMOS; Since it doesnt have place to review, I'll post here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 28, 2010