We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant week restaurants

Which Kiawah Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
915 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant week restaurants

We will be on Kiawah at the sanctuary during restaurant week. I have reservations at Jasmine Porch one night and can't decide on Tomasso, Oak, Atlantic or Ocean. Opinions and why? One of the nights I have the outdoorSeafood buffet at the Loggerhead Grill booked. D you suggest canceling that and booking two of the other restaurants. Would like a nice view with sunset? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

We just had dinner at the Ocean Room last evening, as always it was fantastic!

No sunset views (Kiawah isn't oriented to get sunset views over the water), but you'll get the best views at the Atlantic Room.

Woods/greens views at Tomasso.. If you mean Oak Point, just scratch it, it's basically just a sandwich shop.

Not familiar with the seafood buffet. The Resort restaurants have really come up over the years, we enjoy all of them...I think I'd go with the Atlantic Room just for ambiance alone.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
915 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

Ok great thanks ..... I can't find any info either about the seafood buffet

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

We had dinner this evening at the Jasmine Porch. The food was excellent, as it usually is, and the service was also excelled , BUT.... When we were seated by the host and given our menus and wine list, no mention was made of it being Restaurant Week. We had to ask our server for the RW menu. On Wednesday we ate at SNOB and the RW menu insert was included with the regular menu as it was the following night at the Fat Hen. We knew to ask for the menu because the same thing happened last year!

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
915 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

I booked jasmine porch and Atlantic room so I'm sure we won't be disappointed...thank you can't wait. I will make sure to ask for restaurant week menu at both...thank you.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

I'd book at Ocean and Atlantic Rooms.

We also had dinner at Jasmine tonight and felt Ocean was far better (and they don't play the menu game, it's right there from the beginning). Yes, service was excellent, but food was better and more of a treat at Ocean.

I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble changing if you so choose, the Resort isn't very busy right now.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

Oh, I think the special seafood dinner was this evening at Atlantic Room...just found out about it today.

Never mind, wrong dinner and I can't figure out how to delete this.

Edited: 11:53 pm, September 06, 2013
7. Re: Restaurant week restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 08, 2014