We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to do in Kiawah this summer?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
New to do in Kiawah this summer?

Hi all. My multi-generational family has been enjoying trips to Kiawah for the past several years. Although we love the beach, pools (especially the new splash parks), bikes, wildlife, entertainment and activities, I'm wondering if there are some new activities to do or places we can visit this summer to add some variety to previous trips. We have a gaggle of children who range from 2 to 9, plus their parents and grandparents. We tend to make the rotation of family activities - Sundown Carnival, Mingo Point, Sundaes on Sunday. I might be interested in trying fishing or crabbing with the kids, although we've never done it before and won't have access to the second gate of the resort. Anything they can do with nets and basic poles? Any other suggestions for new activities to try? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to do in Kiawah this summer?

Farmer's Market late Monday afternoon at Freshfields.

Music at Bohicket on Tuesday evenings.

Outdoor movies at Freshfields on Wednesday evenings.

Music at Freshfields on Friday evenings.

Music at Sanctuary on Saturday evenings.

All the above are through Labor Day.

Get out early (6:30-7:00) to see if you can find the Turtle Patrol excavating a nest or two, it's the time of year for all the little ones to be hatching.

Kayaking might be fun for the older kids and their parents. You don't mention it, but I hope you have bikes lined up. Check w/the Nature Center at Night Heron Park to help you with fishing or crabbing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New to do in Kiawah this summer?

Great suggestions -- thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New to do in Kiawah this summer?

Any other suggestions from the community? Thank you.

4. Re: New to do in Kiawah this summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island