We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiawah Weather in early November

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Kiawah Weather in early November

Hi there:

I am planning a big 40th birthday party/family get together for my husband in early November. We would love to go to Kiawah and were wondering what the weather would be like at that time of year. We will have kids with us ranging in age from 2 - 17. We are hoping that there is at least a possibility of going down to the beach. Also, would there be any other activities for kids at that time of year?

Thanks so much

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiawah Weather in early November

Weather is usually mild in November, water would be chilly for many, more than likely you won't want to spend the day sunning on the beach, but the kids would probably still enjoy some time there.

A fleece jacket would be advisable, you just never know around here. There are many outdoor get-togethers in the Lowcountry at this time of year. You can usually wear shorts or long pants, short sleeves or long, all depends upon your personal comfort.

You'd need to check w/the Resort about specific children's activities, many of them are seasonal. You can still schedule kayak trips and the like and bikes are popular here all year round.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiawah Weather in early November

Thanks so much! When you say "get-togethers", what do you mean?

I was thinking about renting a house. Would you recommend a resort over a house?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiawah Weather in early November

It's oyster season beginning in September (months w/"R"), there are oyster roasts and other fund raisers throughout the area on the weekends.

If your family is interested in golf or tennis, make sure you rent a house w/Resort privileges, you'll have reduced prices on all activities. Look through VRBO or check specifically w/the Resort...

www.kiawahresort.com

For a family thing I'd definitely recommend a house or a couple of cottages over hotel rooms...way more room, your own kitchens, etc.

4. Re: Kiawah Weather in early November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island