We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
NC
Level Contributor
495 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Which course to play?

We're coming down next week and wanted to play a round of golf while on Kiawah. I want a course in good condition with nice low-country views (marsh, canals, ocean, etc;). I will be playing early and am not interested in the Ocean Course. Of the other courses on the island, what would you recommend? What is the cost of the course this time of year?

I appreciate your feedback.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which course to play?

You might consider Osprey Point, it has beautiful views, lots of marsh, ponds and oaks dripping with spanish moss. If it's not too hot, there may be gators out.

The Ocean Course is the only course that has ocean views and we don't have any canals on Kiawah.

You'll have to check w/the Resort as to the prices, they change depending upon the time of day.

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which course to play?

If you do want ocean views, you might consider Turtle Point. While it doesn't have the overwhelming views of the ocean that you would see at the Ocean Course, the 15th and 16th holes at Turtle run parallel to the beach and ocean and have the winds to prove it!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
90 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which course to play?

I would also, recommend Osprey Point. The locals who live here and play all the resort courses, seem to like Osprey the best. The course is in great shape and is very scenic with lots of lagoon and marsh views, more lagoons than marsh. The clubhouse has a great barbeque restaurant for a relaxing lunch after your round.

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which course to play?

Another vote for Osprey. My hub's favorite KI course to play is Osprey. We love the OC but it can be a beast. Hub's about a 7 handicap.

If you want to make a golf day of it, the resort typically offers "replay" prices--the second round of golf on the same day becomes substantially less expensive.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
572 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which course to play?

Of the courses available, Cougar Point will give the most marsh views, Turtle as said will give a little Ocean view and feel. Cougar is shorter and maybe a little tighter (original course on the Island). Turtle is a Nicklaus course and is longer. Osprey is just an all around nice course and fun to play.

NC
Level Contributor
495 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which course to play?

I appreciate everyone's input. This has helped me out a lot.

7. Re: Which course to play?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island
Recent Conversations