We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July on Isle of Palms

Which Isle of Palms hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Tennessee
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4th of July on Isle of Palms

My family will be staying in Wild Dunes over the July 4th holiday. Any suggestions for seeing a fireworks "show" that night?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July on Isle of Palms

The Isle of Palms puts on a very nice fireworks show from the pier. I doubt you would be able to see it very well from Wild Dunes, so I would plan on driving over to an area that is closer for a better view. There will be lots of people doing the same thing, so go early, depending on the tide that evening you may be able to put out a blanket on the beach and watch. Coconut Joe's has a roof top bar that may be an option. Once you get to town I would scope out the area near the pier and see what might work for you.

Bristol, Tennessee
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July on Isle of Palms

Thank you. This is our first trip to IOP - can't wait!

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
26 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July on Isle of Palms

Check the Wild Dunes website or facebook page. They have some events at the Grand Pavillion that include watching the fireworks that they shoot off of the pier.

I will be in WD the same week and opted for an event at the SC acquarium to watch the fireworks that are launched off of the USS Yorktown. There is another option to consider where you can take a boat trip (Palmetto Breeze for example) through the Charleston Harbor to watch the fireworks.

Hopefully you find what works best for you.

4. Re: 4th of July on Isle of Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 02, 2012