We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Blvd?

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Blvd?

We've rented a house off VRBO the 2nd week of June. It's location is 614 Palm Blvd. Just wondering how crowded we might expect the beaches to be at that time and how close is the public beach access? Also, from what I understand that is the main road in IOP, so we can expect a lot of traffic? Any local places that deliver pizza in that area? Thanks!!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Blvd?

There will be traffic, but the good news is, you won't have to cross. The beach accesses are at the end of each numbered road. You'll have to walk a couple of blocks, so ask your rental agency if there's a wagon at the house.

There's a Domino's on IOP. I'd skip that and go to the Boathouse.

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Blvd?

I've got the Boathouse on our list of places to eat :) How about crowds at the beach? We've never been down that way so have no idea what to expect as far as crowds go. Thanks for the info!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Blvd?

It won't be crazy crowded, but summer is busy. There will be day trippers on the weekend.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Blvd?

You are a couple of blocks from the beach and that area will be moderately crowded. Yes, you will should expect a good bit of traffic passing by on Palms Blvd., not bumper to bumper or anything like that tho. I don't live too far from there, but not on Palm.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Blvd?

Simmons is a good seafood market if you want to eat at home. Good luck.

Simmons Seafood @ 1400 Palm Blvd., Isle of Palms, SC 843 - 886 - 6449.

http://www.simmonsseafood.com/simmons.htm

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Blvd?

Sorry, but I have to say that I would never recommend them. I have personally seen them spraying cleaning solution on the containers with the raw seafood still in the container. It explained why the last time I had bought shrimp there I thought they tasted like Windex. I haven't been back since.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Blvd?

IOP also has a pizza place that is pretty decent called "Luke and Ollie's". Not far from IOP Connector is Mellow Mushroom in Mt. Pleasant, and there is an Andolini's Pizza on Coleman Blvd in Mt. P. (Also a Guiseppi's right over the Ben Sawyer bridge - in Mt. Pleasant but via Sullivan's Island.)

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Blvd?

CultureHound, do any of those pizza places deliver to the 600 block of Palm Blvd.? We have some older teens that will be hanging out at the house while the adults go out for some drinks a night or 2 so I thought it would be good if they just ordered pizza in .

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Blvd?

L&O and Giuseppes does. Andolini's doesn't deliver at all but they have a drive through if you want to call ahead. Out of them all Andolini's is my favorite.

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Blvd?

Thank you all so much for the info.! We are getting so excited for June to get here :) Now, one more question.... any suggestions on where the adults should go for those adult beverages? Would love a good view and maybe some live music to enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms