We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Dunes -- Village or Boardwalk Inn

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Dunes -- Village or Boardwalk Inn

My wife and I (no kids) are spending two nights on IOP from June 23rd to 25th. I am currently booked at the boardwalk Inn for $274/night. I noticed that I can get a Village Studio for $219.80/night (30% off) through Wild Dunes. I know that it is adjacent to the Boardwalk Inn and provides a little more space plus a kitchenette. Amenities are more or less the same except that we could not access to the Boardwalk Inn Pool, but there are two other pools that we could access. The more I look at it I think the Village is the better value, but just want to get some feedback. I'd prefer to be on the beach and realize both of these options are 250-300 yards from the beach, but given we are only staying two nights, I think Boardwalk Inn and the Villages are our best option as I don't think most villas rent by the night in June. Thanks for your help and input!

Mentioned in this post
Wild Dunes Resort
Wild Dunes Resort
4,433 Reviews
Isle of Palms, SC
Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Dunes -- Village or Boardwalk Inn

The Boardwalk Inn is owned and operated by Destination Wild Dunes and the Village was developed by their development company. The units in the Village are individually owned (to the extent they have been sold) and are listed by several property management agencies in addition to Wild Dunes. That said, the Village units interiors are appointed based on the owners' tastes and pocketbook. The Boardwalk Inn is a hotel experience. Neither has a realistic ocean view and as you point out, they are a good walk from the ocean. You are also correct that most villas require week-long rentals during summer peak season. Most property managers will consider a two or three night rental during an open week, but this is usually a last minute thing.

The Village is probably your best choice simply based on the lower price.

Mentioned in this post
Wild Dunes Resort
Wild Dunes Resort
4,433 Reviews
Isle of Palms, SC
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Dunes -- Village or Boardwalk Inn

Thanks for the info. I went with the village.

3. Re: Wild Dunes -- Village or Boardwalk Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms