We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol on the beach

Which Isle of Palms hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
alcohol on the beach

What is the true story with alcohol on the beach? We by no means are alcoholics, but we do like to have a cold beer on the beach in the afternoon heat. I've read that all SC beaches prohibit alcohol except Folly Beach. One rental agent said that Sullivan's Beach lets you "get away with it" as long as you are not rowdy. Another agent told me she lived on IOP for several years and they always had alcohol on the beach and the patrols are just looking for underage and abusive drinkers so as long as we had just one or two it should be fine. So what's the true story?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,804 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcohol on the beach

I told you in your post from yesterday what the real story is. Read it again.

If you have beer bottles, cans, etc they will get confiscated, you will get yelled at and possibly fined. If you have a non-descript container, plastic cup etc, I doubt anyone will notice. They do have the right to look in a cooler, so no cans (beer) in there either.

2. Re: alcohol on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, November 09, 2010