We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk Inn

Which Isle of Palms hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
Boardwalk Inn

I just returned from my 2nd visit to the boardwalk inn at wild dunes resort. What a big disappoinment to find the property had gone down hill so fast within one year! the breakfast was terrible..fruit tray consisited of one sliced brown apple and 2 dried strawberries with a few other not too appealing pieces of fruit..needless to say it was sent back. Our room was worn and the towels and robes were as rough as sandpaper. The hot water didnot get hot during the day. Forget about using your laptop in the room...wireless is unavailabe unless you trek over to the one computer at the business center. But the worst scene is the one at the valet parking. The attendant scratched our rental car, only to suggest "dont worry you wont be responsible for it, the rental company will have to deal with it. While departing after our 5 night stay, we struggled down the steps with our luggage; as the supervisor of valet watched us. We asked him if he knew anything about hospitality and he proudly gave us his credentials and degree in hotel managment. We advised him that he must of missed an important lesson; for whenever he sees a guest literally struggling with their luggage ...he should help. Quite baffling. The resort sits on a beautiful beach and i hope one day the inside will reflect the outside.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk Inn

Sad to hear this. We had a lovely stay there some years ago but I do recall the bell attendant did take 30 minutes to get to our room for luggage after we called! A really wasted opportunity.