We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

isle of palms resort and beach club

Which Isle of Palms hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nlg
McMinnville...
Level Contributor
426 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
isle of palms resort and beach club

Can anyone give me some info on the Isle of Palms Resort and Beach Club? I can't find much info. We have the opportunity to stay there in February and would like to know a little about the place. Thanks.

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

I've been going to IOP for a lot of years and own a condo in Wild Dunes. If there is an "Isle of Palms Resort and Beach Club" it will be news to me. The north end of IOP is the private, gated community of Wild Dunes. Wild Dunes Resort is a property within Wild Dunes that is managed by Destination Wild Dunes which is a Destination Hotels and Resorts company. They operate the Boardwalk Inn, manage a number if private villas (condos) and developed the Village at Wild Dunes. They also own and operate the resort amenities including the two championship golf courses. I would suggest you visit their web site at www.wilddunes.com.

I assume the opportunity to visit is February 2010. Perhaps a little more information about the nature of that opportunity will lead to some better answers.

NC
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

He means Sea Cabins. RCI calls them what he did and I would bet thats where he is getting his info from.

NC
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I will be going there to stay from May 3-10 at Sea Cabins through RCI. Says Isle of Palms Resort and Beach Club in all their stuff, but when you contact the actual place you are staying it is Sea Cabins. Google that and you should be able to get a good amount of information. It seems that only 5 units are available through RCI and the rest are rented by their owners or through other means. I will try to remember to update this thread after going.

Do any of the locals have any ideas of good places to eat that are not the $40+ a plate meals? Especially looking for good fresh seafood and good steaks. I am not as concerned about atmosphere and such as I am about food quality for my money.

Last question. I am a history buff and already know I will be hard pressed to get in most of the things I want to do hehe. Any can't miss places outside of the obvious like the forts, Patriot's Point, and the aquarium? Thank you for any information you can give me.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

Try: Seel's on Sullivan's (across from Poe's Tavern); Poe's Tavern (across from Seel's - :) ) and go to Shem Creek - Red's for bar food and atmosphere; Locklear's for dinner; Papa Zuzu or Boulevard Diner for lunch; Boulevard Diner for breakfast. LOTS of other places but that's a start. Did you click on "Restaurants" and then "Restaurant Links" - I try to keep it up-to-date.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

OH SORRY - that Restaurant link thing I just mentioned is on the Charleston forum. (go there and follow those instructions - I've put IOP restaurants on there)

NC
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

I hadn't but will now. Thanks for the information. New to this site and still learning where to find things.

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

Terrepin, If you have a chance, go to see the Hunley. I think it is still only open on weekends.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,795 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

Very close to Sea Cabins on IOP is The Sea Biscuit, they serve a great breakfast and lunch. High Thyme on Sullivans Island is very good. A little more pricey than the other previous listings, entrees range from about $15 to $30 tops.

Enjoy!

9. Re: isle of palms resort and beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 19, 2009