We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IOP Bachelorette Party in May

philadelphia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
IOP Bachelorette Party in May

Hello! I'm currently in charge of planning a long weekend Bachelorette Party for 13 girls this May.

We are 30 years old and traveling down from Philly to stay in IOP. We have a pool at the place we're renting and are really looking forward to relaxing, but also want to enjoy some fun night life... in IOP and Charleston.

Any recommendations for places would be great!

Also curious about transportation from IOP to Charleston at night... esp. since we'll be coming back around 2 am... will it be easy to get back out?

Thanks very much!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

A big limo (or 2) would be a great idea - with that many it'll be a bargain probably and safer. There are plenty of taxis but I'd imagine you'd have to arrange those ahead since 2am is closing time - when everyone who needs one is lining up for taxis.

"Easy to get back out" - I assume you mean you're at Wild Dunes and you're worried about the gatehouse? Just take i.d. and rental info if you're concerned.

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

There are a couple of places to "party" at night on Sullivan's Island and many more downtown. I agree with CH that the best approach is probably a limo service. We can get a little more specific if you elaborate on what you want ie. live music, dancing etc.

philadelphia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

Hello -

Part of our problem is that none of us have ever been down to Charleston or the beaches, so we don't know how to plan!

This group is a bunch of city girls, so we def. want to do at least one dinner in Charleston and go out downtown... but we're also all beach bums in the summer and love chill places where we can have drinks and hang out... we'll be there for almost a week so we're hoping to have time to do both kinds of activities.

I know this doesn't narrow it down, but if you could suggest fun places in IOP or Charleston that would are fun for young professionals it would be very much appreciated!! thanks so much!

PS - any places with dancing are welcomed!!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

The outside space at The Boathouse on IOP should be open by that time.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

Guess I should have thought more before I hit the "go" button...

The rooftop bars in Charleston seem to attract a number of young professionals, Market Pavillion or Vendue Inn (VI is a little less $$$ than MP) are great places to sit outside and have an adult beverage. We've met some interesting people the times we have been to them.

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

I think you made a good choice to stay on IOP. It is closest to Charleston and has lots of great beach to enjoy. You may want to try Coconut Joe's on IOP and Dunleavy's on Sullivan's. While you are there you should have breakfast at the Sea Biscuit on IOP and go to Poe's on Sullivan's for lunch. Downtown you will probably enjoy SNOB and Magnolia's. The place to start downtown is a guided tour (either carriage or walking) to get you bearings and a basis appreciation for the history.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

My guess is that you girls will spend most of your nights at The Windjammer. I really liked this place when I visited IOP. The "danceability" factor will depend on the band that is playing. If you check the entertainment calendar on the website, you can find out who's playing when you girls will be there. Real cool place. Great patio/deck overlooking the beach/ocean.

http://www.the-windjammer.com/

The rooftop bar at Coconut Joe's was also fun. There was a Reggae band playing when I was there. Plenty of folks dancing. Just a beautiful view overlooking the beach/ocean.

We also loved the Acme Cantina for drinks in the late afternoon. The place has character. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you get inside it's difficult not to have fun. Real good food as well.

IOP is a hidden gem in my opinion. Just a great place to relax for us Northerner's who don't want to deal with the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach.

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

Please let us know where you decided to go out and what you thought. I'm planning a similar weekend in August and would love to hear your opinion! Also, did you rent a car to get around IOP and into Charleston? Thanks!

philadelphia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

Hi! We had the best time on our trip to IOP... there were 14 of us that got in at all different times. Not sure of the size of your group or when everyone is arriving/leaving, bur I def. recommend renting a car. We didn't use it when we went out at night, but it came in handy for buying groceries, liquor, essentials, etc.

There's a shopping center about 5 miles outside of IOP that had a supermarket, a target, coffee shop, etc. and we spent a lot of time there.

As for going out... we went out Thurs, Fri and Saturday. Thursday we went to the Windjammer in IOP which was fun... beach bar with live band but check out who is playing... for instance that Friday night Better than Ezra was playing and there was no way we were paying $25 cover for that. :)

We used Sand Dollar transportation to take us from IOP to Sullivan's Island, one island over on Friday night. It was a 15 passenger band and was $5 a person...he came back and picked us up at 2 also and drove us back. We went to a bar called Poe's Tavern where they played great music and actually let us play flip cup against a bachelor party that was also there. Not sure of the name but there was a "club" across the street that also played great music.

Saturday night we went out in downtown Charleston. We rented a 15 passenger van for this trip too that cost 25 per person, round trip... he drove us down for dinner and then we called him at 1 am and told him where we would be and he picked us up right on time.

we went to dinner at a place called the library at the vendue inn... do NOT go there... too stuffy...the only part of our trip i would change. we went to Treo afterward which was awesome... we used rickshaws to get around and that was super fun too.

a few girls stayed on sunday night and we went to the boathouse on isle of palms for dinner on sunday night ... very low key... food was great.

hopefully all of htis is helpful... i'm happy to help...we had a BLAST :)

Daniel Island...
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IOP Bachelorette Party in May

I'm very glad you had an enjoyable and safe experience in our little corner of heaven. It would be helpful (I think) if you could add a little more detail about your accommodations on IOP, your impression of the beach. Your comments on the little shopping area was also good. There is a little of everything there so you really never have to leave the island to meet your needs.

Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms