We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals - Flying into Savannah, GA

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
874 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rentals - Flying into Savannah, GA

We're flying into Savannah, GA airport late (11:15pm) on a Wednesday night and plan on spending the next 4 days in Hilton Head Island. We'd like to rent a car, too. My questions are:

Where can we get the best rate?

Are there any issues renting a car in GA that I will use in SC?

Anyone have any experience on Hotwire.com with this? Any other sites?

Will I be able to pick up a car at around 11:30 pm?

Any other insights would help, too!

Thanks!

detroit
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals - Flying into Savannah, GA

Best rate...go to orbitz and plug in your info and they will show you the best rates and all the companies. I have used them but sometimes i use their info and then call the car rental co's myself. Mostly because if any issues arise...if you go through orbitz you need to get them fixed through orbitz. If you call the rental co's you can address it directly with them. But either way is fine and orbitz is very good.

No troubles...people drive cars from state to stae daily!

You can pick up a car anytime...just watch out for your rates...if you return it more than hour later than when you picked on return...you get charged xtra...

I find....the major car rental co's are very expensive(hertz,etc)....your best chance will be with national, budget, alamo, thrifty, etc....

2. Re: Car Rentals - Flying into Savannah, GA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 18, 2009