We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November get away

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WNC
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
November get away

We've planned our first trip to HH for early November. Have reservations at Hilton Oceanfront. I just found this great forum today, and after reading about the renourishment of the beaches, I'm kinda concerned about it disturbing us.

We REALLY need to be somewhere peaceful and quiet. (It's been a tough year).....so, if ya'll have any other ideas about where to stay, please advise. It'll just be me and my husband, so childrens activities aren't an issue. Thanks.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November get away

If you want to be oceanfront, but possibly away from the renourishment crews, you're best bet will be South Forest Beach in November.

You can rent one bedroom apartments at the SeaCrest. See one of the local rental companies like The vacation Company or Island Getaway. You can also check VRBO.COM or CyberRentals.com for private accommodations. SeaCrest has a fitness center, and a restaurant on premises. You are across the street from shopping and many other restaurants

While the renourishment is scheduled to be in PD in November the possibilty is probably in the northern end of the resort. That is north of the Marriott. The Hilton is located in the southern end. One of our nicknames for this area is 'The Slow Country". there could be a hangup which will delay the timetable. So your best bet is to check with the hotel in early October

Stan (hhiguy)

2. Re: November get away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 19, 2009