We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

Just found this little place in my researching! We'll be staying at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Can we walk to Coco's from there? How far is it? Also, on the google Earth map, it looks like the beach ends and begins again right by Cocos. ??

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
275 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

I thought i was going to be able to last year but there is a bit of deep fast flowing water which stopped me as I apwas getting nearer. It felt like quite a way even on my bike. Might be possible at low tide...

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

Ok. Good to know. Thanks! We'll just drive over. Woulda been neat to walk there.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

Barony is at beach marker 11.0 while Coco's is at 9.4. That's about 1.6 miles. However, you'll need to cross over the Folley which can only be done easily at low tide. The Folley is where Folley Creek flows into the ocean. It can have dangerous rip currents at high tide so check your tide table before venturing out.

Joanne

Edited: 4:54 pm, August 01, 2014
Daufuskie Island
Level Contributor
725 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

Your other option when you can't cross The Folly, especially by bike, get off the beach and cross through Chaplin Park using Burke's Beach Rd. Turn left on Castnet and go past the tennis courts, turn left on Singleton Beach Rd and follow it until it ends at the ocean. Then turn left on Singleton Place/Collier Beach Rd and at the north end next to the folly is an undeveloped town park green space. There is a path to go back out on the beach on the Coco's side of the Folly from this park.

Eventually the town wants to have a surfing park at this location. And there are also plans to build a boardwalk across the Folly from Chaplin Park.

Turning right on Singleton Place and trying to go straight to Coco's is not advised. There is a gated neighborhood next to Cocos and you are trespassing on private property if you cross anywhere except the undeveloped town park land.

Also be aware that Hilton Head Resort does not allow bikes to get to Cocos through the front gate. Only cars and they must park in designated areas on property.

The latest Hilton Head Resort golf cart shuttle schedule that I have is:

April thru September:

9:30-10:30am

12:00-1:00pm

2:30-3:30pm

5:00-6:00pm

8:00-9:00pm (May-August only)

Coco's also has a live webcam on their website. Check out the view and live entertainment schedule before you go!

www.cocosonthebeach.com

Have fun and report back!

Jeff

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

Thanks! I didn't realize how far it was and all the obstacles to get there. If we get there, we'll definitely drive! Looking forward to checking out the webcam!

Are you Jeff from HiltonHeadLife? Hi!

6. Re: Can we walk from Barony Beach Club to Cocos on the Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 04, 2015