We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop on the drive from central NJ to Hilton Head

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stop on the drive from central NJ to Hilton Head

Hello- I'm looking for a place to stop that would be about the midway point for 2-3 nights. Any suggestions? I have a small child, so a kid friendly place would be great.

Thanks-

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop on the drive from central NJ to Hilton Head

One thought would be the Williamsburg, Virginia area, though if they're under 5, they may not necessarily understand or appreciate the history of the place. That would be roughly halfway between NJ and Hilton Head.

New jersey
Level Contributor
521 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop on the drive from central NJ to Hilton Head

I drive from South Jersey to HHI often. When I don't go straight through, I stop in Dunn, NC at the Baymont Inn (used to be Jameson Inn, still looks just like a Jameson). Inexpensive, clean, has a pool, free motel type breakfast, and pet friendly which I need. Also has a decent restaurant, Sagebrush Steakhouse (eat in or takeout) and a Cracker Barrel all within a block or so. Its between 7 and 71/2 for me, and leaves only 4 1/2 to Sea Pines. I like to knock off the bigger part of the drive the first day, I feel better when I get to HHI. Wilson, NC also has a lot of decent hotels/motels and is not quite as far. I usually travel down with my two dogs which is why I found and started using the Baymont, but I like it enough that I use it even on the infrequent occasions when I don't have the dogs.

3. Re: Where to stop on the drive from central NJ to Hilton Head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 10, 2015