We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HHI in March

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
HHI in March

We'll be heading to HHI for a wedding and are making a long weekend out of it since we're leaving the baby at home. Our accomodations are in Bluffton where the reception is being held.

Obviously the ocean will be too cold for swimming--are there any must/see dos while we are there? I know HHIs main draws are the beach and golf; anything else we should schedule?

We've been to Savannah and are thinking a day trip there might be our best bet since it won't be warm enough to swim in the ocean; Charleston is on the table but we're not sure if we want to make the 2ish hour drive there and back in one day.

Any other suggestions?

Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HHI in March

I did just see the other thread below re: March--so sorry for the duplicate! But if you can recommend anything outside of HHI, I appreciate it!

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HHI in March

Beaufort, SC, is worth a look. Closer than Charleston, off the beaten trail, charming. Just make sure you pronounce it correctly: Buford, not Bowford.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HHI in March

I'd second Beaufort, its about 30 mins. from Bluffton and its a beautiful historic southern town right on the water. Also, we where originally from Jersey before moving to the Midwest. Don't discount the beaches on Hilton Head in March. You'll find them to be like the Jersey Shore in June. Brisk to swim, but wonderful for a nice walk and getting you feet wet.

Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HHI in March

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into Beaufort. Any restaurants for lunch or dinner?

I looked up ocean temps, 50s is the average for March. That's a bit chilly even for a Jersey girl. I do plan to spend some time on the HHI beaches, just can't mKr a whole day of it.

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HHI in March

So many good restaurants. Don't think you can go wrong. Check out tripadvisor for many choices.

HHI SC
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HHI in March

Plums has a porch that overlooks the Waterfront Park - it's a great place to eat on a nice day. Wren and Saltus River Grill are other choices. I have also heard that Emilys is good.

7. Re: HHI in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 14, 2015