We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Question for July 28- 30

Fort Benning, GA
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather Question for July 28- 30

I have checked out the forecasts online, and I was wondering if 30% chance of thunderstorms is normal for the island. I know here in southern Georgia that is a typical daily forecast due to afternoon, evening thunderstorms. I was just wondering if HHI was the same. I would hate to drive out with our dogs only to be stuck in a hotel room due to rain. If someone wouldn't mind letting me know if this type of forecast is typical for the island I would appreciate it. Afternoon showers are no big deal, but thunderstorms most of the day would mean we would need to reschedule for another weekend.

Thanks!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Question for July 28- 30

thunderstorms in the HHI last for a very short time. 30% is about the usual thing for that area and they are usually for the afternoon. It's very similar to what you have in South Georgia.

You do know that you can't take the dogs on most beaches, don't you???

2. Re: Weather Question for July 28- 30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, August 16, 2009