We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay before HHI

Rochester, Michigan
6 posts
Save Topic
Overnight stay before HHI

We have rented a house starting on 4/5 but thinking of coming in a day earlier. Can't wait to get back on the island! Any suggestions for where we can stay for one night that won't break the bank? We have 3 little ones (under 12) It doesn't have to be on the Island, maybe another fun, close town that will entertain us until we get to our "official vacation!" Again, not looking to spend too much. Our budget is quite tight after our weekly house rental which we ended up paying an additional $880 a week for pool heat! (how crazy is that?!!!) Thanks!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

Best way is to book through Hot wire.

Stan (hhiguy)

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

Try something in Beaufort, nice place to spend the day.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

I second the suggestion for Beaufort. It's not a resort area, but it is a very attractive southern coastal community. There's a drive-in movie theater in town that may be a lot of fun for the kids, in addition to the quaint downtown and the waterfront park. Also check out the Kazoo Factory, which is a ton of fun for kids (and adults). Beaufort's about 45-50 minutes from Hilton Head, so it's not too far away. You should be able to get a decent hotel room for about $100 or less.

Edited: 9:38 am, February 06, 2014
Rochester, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

Sounds great! I'll check it out. Thanks for the advice.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
275 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

Airbnb.com is also a very good website for affordable accommodation. Close to HHI, I really like Bluffton which is very small and "arty". And here is some information about what to do with kids in downtown Bluffton: hiltonheadisland.org/island-vibe/…

HHI
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

Beaufort is a great suggestion. I have 2 little ones and we take them to Hunting Island State park. Look it up online it is a great way to spend the day with kids.

7. Re: Overnight stay before HHI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 27, 2015