We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly rentals in summer

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax Va
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Monthly rentals in summer

I probably know the answer but are there "discounted" rentals by the month in summer?

That is, monthly rental lower than 4 X weekly?

I am not referring to "winter" rates.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,424 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly rentals in summer

Summer is the "high" season, which generally means a) rental rates are higher and b) many places only rent by the week or multiples thereof, but there are some units that may have monthly rates at somewhat of a discount. Check with agents or VRBO to see.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly rentals in summer

As as former owner of a vacation rental, I would have been willing to discount a monthly summer rental because I would not have to pay 4 cleaning fees or 4 management fees during that month (so I'd still net the same amount, but you would pay less). I would ask and use that as a bargaining point. However, I know many weeks are already booked for this summer, so finding a place that has 4 consecutive weeks open might be a challenge.

Also, you would need to go through an owner website, not a management company so that a possible discount could be applied from decreased management and cleaning fees.

Good luck.

Joanne

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monthly rentals in summer

I have to second Joanne. When I had a vacation rental, I did discount for additional weeks. However rentals still had to be on a Saturday to Saturday basis.

Stan (hhiguy)

4. Re: Monthly rentals in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 10, 2015