We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yoga/fitness in HHI in February

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
yoga/fitness in HHI in February

I'm hoping to take some yoga classes and do some weights during February- can you recommend a gym or a fitness centre or hotel that might offer a membership?

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yoga/fitness in HHI in February

Most of the gyms on the island have monthly membership rates. I work out at LAVA which is near Palmetto Dunes. They have a variety of fitness offerings. If you are closer to mid island, Beach City Fitness has a very good reputation with many classes and equipment. Just call and inquire about prices, as they will vary from gym to gym.

Joanne

PS I see you are from Niagara-on-the-Lake. I used to live in Rochester and would go to the Shaw Festival there each year. Beautiful area!!

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yoga/fitness in HHI in February

Thanks so much! We'll be staying in Palmetto Dunes so Lava's a perfect location.

PS Just drove through Rochester on our way home from Skaneatles. It was my first time- very impressive around the Eastman House.

NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yoga/fitness in HHI in February

I also visit in February, and in the past have always taken yoga at Jiva. They have a variety of classes and the instructors are all very good. There are now 2 studios - one at each end of the island. There is also the Art of Yoga which is a donation based studio at which I grab classes occasionally. They both have websites.

We did a month at Lava one year, but it's quite pricey unless you use it a lot while you're there.

I live in Rochester, and can't wait to get out of the snow.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yoga/fitness in HHI in February

My sister and I take classes at Jiva yoga when we are in Palmetto Dunes. Very nice studio!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yoga/fitness in HHI in February

Yesterday's paper announced the opening of a new Yoga studio beginning January 13th (an open house on 1/11). It is called Island Yoga (www.HHIslandyoga.com). It is located behind Panera Bread near Sea Pines Circle. I know nothing else about it, but thought I would post the information.

Mentioned in this post
Island Yoga
Island Yoga
27 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
Panera Bread
Panera Bread
78 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
6. Re: yoga/fitness in HHI in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 08, 2015