We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Vacations LLC

Albany, New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Southern Vacations LLC

Has anyone had any negative experiences renting thru this company?

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

I have never heard of them, but in looking at their website, they seem to be renting lower priced properties. The listing for a villa in Palmetto dunes, is in fact not there, but in the Shelter Cove area.

Stan (hhiguy)

Hilton Head
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

The guy is a criminal. I was one of his owners for one month and he stole a $300 thermostat off the wall bed spreads a modem a router and a months worth of rent. The sheffif is handling it. Stay away!

Hilton Head
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

Stay away! Contact chanber of commerce or HH Sheriff Dept. Also operates as Hilton Head Island Vacations LLC.

Albany, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

Thanks, we're having trouble too. So it's not just us.

Albany, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

We only found these folks through Trip Advisor but they apparently don't have any responsibility if you have trouble as a consumer.

Hilton Head
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

I am an owner and had many things actually stolen from this family (they are all brothers, sisters and a brother-in-law) I would like to talk to you about it. Email me if you are interested kashoobs1@aol.com

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

I am concerned. We have booked a vacation through them - it was posted on vrbo and now I notice it is not posted there anymore. Do you think I actually have a booking? I am not sure what to do as I have already paid in full.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

This is their website:

southernvacations.us/island_information

Check those listings and see if the rental you booked is listed on that website. There is also a phone # listed under the "contact us" link. I don't know anything about this organization; I suppose it is possible that they are just not using VRBO anymore.

Before you panic, explore their website and see what you can find out. Please keep us posted.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Joanne

Edited: 10:44 am, December 16, 2013
Hilton Head
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

If you email me I will talk to you but I am an owner that got ripped off by these crooks. As I said call the sheriff office or the chamber of commerse and I can assure they will tell you to drop them. If you can get your money back I would rent direct to you or refer you to the company that rents for me if you don't have any pets. But first I would make those calls or just try to get my money back. There is a good chance they don't even have the vacation homes they are renting out. Dan

Albany, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Southern Vacations LLC

As far as I know they are still doing business. We had trouble when we canceled our reservation because of a medical emergency. We were told by management that we would be reimbursed. We're still waiting (since October). We sent in the full amount plus a security deposit. They are also almost impossible to get a hold of. Voicemails and emails go unanswered. You have to be lucky to get someone on the phone. They say they will verify the reimbursement through email or the manager will call but it never happens.