We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
hilton head island
3 posts
Save Topic
50th year anniversy.

We are 27 year residents have dined in some great restaurants. The best is what we are looking for and are not concerned with view or bringing a chief into our home. So, any thought out there as the number one. Good food and service are the goal. A perfect martini wouldn't hurt. Thank You.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
799 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50th year anniversy.

Happy Anniversary! 50 years is commendable!

You don't say the type of food you enjoy or when your anniversary is or how many would attend.

My favorites for two people would be:

Old Fort Pub - higher prices, but good food and good view, quieter than most places, and romantic, excellent service

Michael Anthony's - Italian, good food and good service, can get crowded and noisy in high season. I eat a lot of Italian in NY and this compares with the best, go for veal or gnocchi

Hugo's - reasonably priced, no view, good food and good service

There are Lot's of others that have good food, but these are the one's I would pick for a special anniversary.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
799 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50th year anniversy.

Oh, and for the perfect Martini, my father, 85 years old, loves them at the Outback Steak House. Good steaks, too.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50th year anniversy.

Drive over to Beaufort and go to Breakwater.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50th year anniversy.

Congratulations!!

I have heard excellent reviews for Ombre Cucina Rustica in the Village of Wexford. The former chef from Michael Anthony's owns it. They have an extensive wine list (don't know about their Martinis).

I really like Trattoria Divina in Park Plaza. Both food and their presentation is exceptional. The wait staff ( at least when we've eaten there) make customers feel very special. Lots of little nice touches.

Enjoy your evening wherever you go.

Joanne

hilton head island
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 50th year anniversy.

thank you. great

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50th year anniversy.

We loved loved loved our experience at Vine. The food, and martinis, were outstanding!!! Very intimate. Congrats on 50 years!!

NJ
Level Contributor
241 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50th year anniversy.

We love Ombra! We go to a lot of great Italian restaurants in NYC/NJ and Ombra stands right up with the best of them for food! Nice atmosphere, good wine list. Don't know about the martini though..

8. Re: 50th year anniversy.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 09, 2014