We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temp/weather in mid April

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Airy, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Water temp/weather in mid April

We have never been to Hilton Head before but my parents LOVE it. We'd like to plan a trip around our school's spring break which is in mid-April this year (2014) around Easter time. My children really want to be able to go in the ocean. In past years has the water been warm enough for that in April? Can we sit on the beach in comfort in April? Thanks for any advice you have!!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temp/weather in mid April

Most years the ocean water is not yet warm enough in April.

The weather will be pleasant and probably okay to wade, but not get in the water and stay.

You can stay at a hotel or rental with a heated pool for swimming.

Boston
Level Contributor
798 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temp/weather in mid April

Past years we have come mid late April depending on spring break week,, some years 80s some years70s . I have gone to the beach while everyone else at golf course . in my opinion bigger issue than weather is dates of Heritage Golf tourney and Easter week which can make island very crowded.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Water temp/weather in mid April

I live here and usually don't get in the ocean in mid april, feet and ankles, yeah, but full on swimming and playing in the ocean, nah, its too chilly.

Its usually quite nice for walking though, April can be a "rainy season" though so be prepared for that.

4. Re: Water temp/weather in mid April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 08, 2014