We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping Golf Clubs

Boston
Level Contributor
830 posts
Save Topic
Shipping Golf Clubs

Happy to say we have booked our next visit to HH the beginning of Oct, our son will be joining us for his first Oct visit during a semester off from college, in the past we have traveled with their golf clubs, 2 sets which on a prior trip caused us to rent a larger rental car to get the clubs from the airport to our villa. We are exploring the possibility of shipping the clubs ahead via either FedEx or UPS as the shipping price seems to be the same as the fee charged by the airlines . Has anyone shipped their clubs aheaad, if so any problems? We stay in Shelter Cove, they golf at Fazio and Trent Jones, and I spend the time they are on the course at the beach. A win win for all.

Thanks for any advice

Edited: 9:43 pm, August 03, 2013
Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
914 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

No shipping here. My husband always brings his clubs with him, and he has trouble letting his golf clubs out of his sight for the length of the trip. I don't know how you're getting there-we fly, and my husband swears by what he uses, Golf Glove (I think that's the name).

Boston
Level Contributor
830 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

After research, more thinking and talking with family members who travel with golf clubs we decided to bring with us on the plane I started to get the nagging feeling wht if the clubs got lost and were not in HH when we arrived. I would have some unhappy family members if they did not have their clubs and I had my beach chair that I am renting with our bikes.

Wisconsin
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

We have shipped golf clubs to many resorts, including Surfwatch in HHI. We always use Fed Ex. If you have a travel case, it can be shipped as is. If not, Fed Ex has a packing box available that is golf bag sized. It usually cost around $25 - $30 each way, depending on how heavy your bag is. I always ship to arrive the day before check-in so I don't have to worry about delays. It's incredibly convenient to have my clubs waiting for me at the resort without having to haul them in and out of the airport.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

I have shipped mine several times with no problems.

$25 to $30 is about the same as bag check fee and don't have to hassle with them at the airport or in the rental.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

Another option to consider is renting clubs for the week from places like Golf outfitters. I have done this a few times and have been very pleased with the equipment. Both ways shipping FedEx can be $75 or $80 for your set and you have to arrange for someone to accept delivery and store them prior to your visit. I started renting locally when the airline lost my clubs for 3 days and I had to rent for the first 2 days before I got my clubs.

Boston
Level Contributor
830 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, as of now we are planning taking them on the plane. The cost to ship vs checked baggage was the same as we fly Delta and I have Delta AmEx card for air fare to avoid baggage fee for first checked bag, another pet pieve of mine. Other family members who travel with clubs said they would not ship ahead. Some tee times have been booked and the countdown has begun to our next visit to HH in Oct.

7. Re: Shipping Golf Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 14, 2014