We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddlebarding

3 posts
Save Topic
Paddlebarding

Hey I was wondering if paddleboarding is worth a try,and if so where should I go on Hilton Head.It looks pretty fun but also a heck of a workout.

Thanks

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
498 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddlebarding

It is a lot of fun! Outside Hilton Head in Shelter Cove has a great intro class. We saw dolphins the one time we went out and you are right, it is a workout. I recommend the earliest intro class. Not as hot.

Jennifer

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddlebarding

If you are in Sea Pines, I recommend the SUP tours in Harbor Town, they are great.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddlebarding

Thanks everybody for the helpful tips.My family and I ended up having a blast, to my suprise I wasn't too bad.We ended up paddleboarding at Hilton Outfitters the other day. It was on a river that made a loop around some very cool houses and scenery.Next time I'm in town I'll try both Outside Hilton Head and H20 Sports.

Thanks Tyler

Ohio
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddlebarding

tyler, I was wondering if I would be able to wear shoes while doing SUP? I recently injured my foot and am not suppose to be bare foot yet, I need the support of the shoes under my toes - do you use your toes much? would I have to push off on them? Thanks,

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddlebarding

Vacationpants, Sorry to hear about your foot! Last week I tried paddleboarding for the first time at Hilton Outfitters,so I'll try to help the best I can. At Outfitters I know that you can wear shoes,they don't recommend it but it's allowed. So I think you would be allowed to wear shoes for SUP. I felt like paddleboarding wasn't too rough on the toes, definately more the forearms.The only times you may have to worry about putting weight on your injury is starting out trying to get your balance and getting back on the board if you fall.So try to have good balance. I really enjoyed paddleboarding and I hope you get the chance to do it but if not there's always kayaking. Hope this helps.

Tyler

6. Re: Paddlebarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head