We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Markets??

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
885 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's Markets??

Read an old posting about the Hardeville Farmers market on Saturdays close to Exit 8 to get on 278 to HHI.

Is this market still active? If not, any farmer's markets in HH during our stay in mid-May?

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Markets??

There is a farmer's market every Wednesday from 9-12 in Shelter Cove Park.

Joanne

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Markets??

Any favorite stands/vendors at this market?

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Markets??

I used to go to the one at Honey Horn but they moved it to Shelter Cove (booooooooo, so not happy about that)

Anyway, I don't know if they followed the market to Shelter Cove (can't exactly drive down that way during the working week now), but Lee's Bees made some fantastic things, fresh local honey, candles and they had the best lotion I've ever used.

Hilton Head Island
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Markets??

The new owners of the Creperie have started selling Indian food at both the Hilton Head and Bluffton Farmer's markets. It is excellent and you will find both vegan and non-vegan choices. Since you are on vacation, don't forget the frozen pumpkin cheesecake or key lime pie on a stick.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
401 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Markets??

We really enjoyed the Bluffton farmer's market last month. I think it's on Thursdays. Nice change of pace from the island for a late morning/early afternoon with some cool little restaurants sprinkled about. Lots of tastings and samplings were available. Plus, it was interesting to explore Bluffton a little bit.

6. Re: Farmer's Markets??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 16, 2014