We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Pines Villa Rentals

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
571 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Pines Villa Rentals

Hi all, We have been coming to HHI for a few years and this summer will be no exception. The reason for our delayed booking is, we had originally booked in Destin, Florida but have changed our plans. I have just sent out 29 inquiries on VRBO for our vacation week this summer, of all of the villas or condos, there is not one that seems outstanding. I have never rented a unit that was above average on HHI... None that I have looked at have been updated to what I would consider "really nice" this year or any other. I am looking for anything 2 or 3 bedroom, I did not specify a price range so you would think there would be a couple of "Superstars" in there... Any insight? Very Frustrated!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

CIncygirl3boys......I have had great luck when using the reservation system on the SeaPines website. Or call their reservation group and ask for Deb Buck. The unit always look as represented on their website, and any issues that may pop-up during your stay are rectified immediately. Happy searching!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
881 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

Would help to know the places you have rented in Destin that are outstanding in comparison to HHI. I have been coming to HHI for nearly 30 years. We no longer do the villa thing because of the limitations-I rent a house in Seapines now. It has everything I can possibly thing of (well, a butler would be nice!) Perhaps you just need to increase your budget and then you will get what meets or exceeds your expectations.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

If you are willing to share your budget needs, number of bedrooms and location preferences, I may be able to assist (plantation, distance to ocean, etc.). Feel free to PM me if you do not want to publicly post your requirements.

Joanne.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

Thanks for the tips, I have actually heard back from most of the emails I have sent, which is a good sign. I'm sure I will be able to choose something from one of the responses I have received. Salty, I actually didn't mention that the places in Destin are more outstanding, some are absolutely not, I mentioned booking in Destin to explain why I am so delayed in renting a HHI unit! I also never mentioned a budget, there are 2 adults and a 12 year old, so I definitely don't need a house, maybe all of the more fabulous places have been snapped up early! Thanks for the help!

Joanne, I might have a couple of questions for you because I know you have the inside scoop!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

We have stayed twice on Palmetto Dunes. The villas there are newer, & many of them are quite beautiful! We rented through Island Getaways, but there are many others to choose from. Hampton Place is very nice, Windsor, Captain's Walk, Villamare. These might be more to your taste, & oceanfront!

Mentioned in this post
Windsor
Windsor
Ontario, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

I highly recommend Palmetto Dunes plantation & either Barrington Arms or Barrington Court, both are beach front. Most units in either are beautiful. Prices are high in summer: approx. $ $1,700 to $2,300 per week. We've rented again in Evian which is in Shipyard Planatation, about half the price of beach front, very large units & mostly all have been updated with granite, tile floors, good kitchens, many have a bbq. it is not beach front, depending on the unit you could walk easily to the beach, or you could drive with all your stuff & park right at the beach. We rent bikes & bike to the beach or to Coligny plaza or just around the plantation. You do have to spend hours looking at pictures & reviews. Just to be on the island is awesome.

Mentioned in this post
Coligny Beach
Coligny Beach
3,536 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
7. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, April 21, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

I have finally booked a Villa, after many inquiries and back and forthing with owners and Management companies, we're in! We have only stayed in Sea Pines, so it never occurs to us to look anywhere else! I was able to find a unit in Plantation Club which was one of my preferred locations because of the proximity to the Beach Club. I spoke with the owner and the unit is being totally remodeled the whole month of May, it should be much nicer by the time I get there in July! Thanks for all of the ideas, I save suggestions in a couple of "Travel" folders, so I can check them out at other times!

Mentioned in this post
Sea Pines Resort
Sea Pines Resort
318 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
Toledo, Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

It depends on your budget but HHI back in sea pines is the best spot on the island. We have been going for over 17 yrs. and have rented in many areas of HHI. We just rented there in March back at Bluff villas and where very pleased. We are coming back in Aug. and are trying to find a pet friendly villa . I would suggest back in sea pines. Beaches are nicer and it is a much better kept up area.

10. Re: Sea Pines Villa Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 07, 2015