We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for BBQ?

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place for BBQ?

Bringing friends who love BBQ ribs- we've been to The Smokehouse before, I was not impressed. What are the other places worth checking out? We have no problem traveling to Blufton.

Thanks!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

Try One Hot Mamas (near Sea Pines Circle). Yummy ribs! Nationally known chef (and owner) from Food channel.

Joanne

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

2nding One hot Mamas, Also they have killer wings as well. And a big bonus for One Hot's for having a carolina mustard sauce!

I think my fav though would have to be Bluffton BBQ, oh so good. they are closed certain days and they can run out of some sides, great great smokey BBQ.

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

Thanks to you both!

I know it's a little off topic, but any suggestions on outside dining down by the Harbour in Sea Pines? We've just eaten lunch there but never dinner.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

If you don't mind going to Bluffton, and then try Jim and Nick's.

As for outside dining in harbor town, most of the better restaurants unfortunately are inside and don't have patio dining.

However if you go over to Shelter Cove, there are quite a few restaurants where you can enjoy patio dining. It is a car ride away but also a pleasant marina.

Stan (hhiguy)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

We also enjoyed One Hot Mama's.....yummy BBQ Pork and Brisket!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

One Hot Mama's for sure!!! One of our favorite spots on the island for BBQ!

Rock Hill, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

Not sure about outside dining in Harbour Town, but Skull Creek Boathouse on the other side of the island has very nice outdoor dining overlooking the water, and the food is really good.

(By the way, I agree with everyone's recommendation of One Hot Mama's for barbecue, including ribs and brisket. Her side dishes are also dynamite).

Ohio
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

We really liked Patty's Pig n Pit for BBQ but I think it may have closed.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

Patty's did close...

warren, nj
Level Contributor
310 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Place for BBQ?

One hundred percent for One Hot Mamas !!!! Ate there last night and the baby back rib meat literally falls off the bone. We've tried other places on the island over the years and nothing compares!!!