We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HHI weather in early April?

Marion, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
HHI weather in early April?

Planning a vacation to HHI the week of 4/7. We have never been before & will be traveling with our 15 month old son & 2 small dogs. It looks like there wil be quite a few fun things to do with our son & seems like a dog friendly area. Looking for any insight on the typical weather that time of year & whether swimming will even be an option. I have found a nice condo but it does not have a heated pool. Also any recs on best places to stay with dogs? Thanks in advance:)

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: HHI weather in early April?

If the pool isn't heated, I don't think you'll be able to swim in it, I don't start swimming until either late april or may

with that being said though, in early april you can at least put your feet in the ocean, not too chilly for that.

Weather in april is really unpredictable, it can be either unseasonably warm or unseasonably chilly. I would predict though with how our winter has been going this year to expect highs in the upper 60s, low 70s, with lows in the 50s.

oh and the island is VERY dog friendly, no worries about that!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
606 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HHI weather in early April?

Everyone takes their dog to the beach. Weather can we in the 80's or 60's (I am here so hoping for the 80's!) Brings bikes if you can or rent them here. Everyone bikes on the trails and beach. Very bike friendly community. Ocean is too cold this time of year for most private condo pools are not heated whereas most resorts are, but they generally do not allow pets.

3. Re: HHI weather in early April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 02, 2014