We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Hilton Head area

1 post
Save Topic
New to Hilton Head area

We are looking for something nice in south forest beach with a pool, 3 bedrooms and not far from the beach, any suggestions?

southern ontario
Level Contributor
939 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Hilton Head area

I would try the VRBO site. I've always had good luck with the properties I rented.

When you find one, come back and look at the Tripadvisor reviews for it. Then, decide to book or not!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Hilton Head area

Check out the following SFB condo's for what you are looking for.

The SeaCrest, Shorewood, and Ocean One. these are the best in the area and have three Bedrooms.

Stan (hhiguy)

Ohio
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Hilton Head area

We have stayed at Hilton Head Beach Villas on SFB, it is a small complex, most units have 3 bedrooms, most units have been updated. We found ours through VRBO. It is only 1/2 mile from Coligny so you don't get the crowds that Shorewood or Ocean One has.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Hilton Head area

You don't say when you are going or what your budget is but you can also check out ebay for rentals. I have included a link to a current ebay offering for the Marriott Grande Ocean Resort which is in South Forest Beach and is beautiful. I have not personally stayed there,but it gets great reviews and this is a real deal for the week it's being offered. If you stay at a place like this (a resort) you get the resort amenities to go along with it. It's very close to Coligny Plaza. I've included it just to give you an idea of what you can do. The other suggestions are great as well.

www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

I can tell you that we have personally stayed at EGRET POINT and WATERSIDE BY SPINNAKER (both Spinnaker Resorts) and loved them. If I were to go back, I'd go back to Egret Point in a heartbeat. We had a 3 bedroom (3 bathroom) at each. You can check out spinnakerresorts.com

Hope this helps,

D in Muskoka.

Oh, and we have also rented a private home on North Forest Beach Road on Osprey Lane and it was amazing too. Pricier, but we split it with 2 other families.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
63 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Hilton Head area

Looking into renting VRBO #463981 in Sea Pines, Hilton Head Island. There weren't any reviews on the VRBO listings. Anyone else been there?

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Hilton Head area

We stayed at Shorewood in mid August and absolutely loved the complex and the location. Close enough to Coligny Plaza to walk for shopping and dining yet far enough away that we had no crowds at the beach what so ever.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Hilton Head area

Great information! We have been "stuck" on Destin for the last 10 years and this summer was it with all the crowds and traffic so we thought HH might be the next new place for us. This gives us a starting point to find a great condo for next summer. I knew the forum would be the best place to start.

8. Re: New to Hilton Head area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 14, 2014