We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Dining

Where would you suggest we go for great, reasonably priced seafood. Doesn't have to be fancy, can be picnic style, paper plates and picnic table. Just want some yummy seafood at a good price.

Ohio
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining

Sue, although I have never been there myself, I have heard nothing but great reviews on the seafood at The Sea Shack. From what I have heard, there is almost always a line to get into the place, but every thing I have heard is that it is well worth the wait. If I am not mistaken, they serve their food on plastic plates with plastic utensils. I am dying to try this place out!!

It is located just off of Pope avenue, next to what used to be The Hofbraus Haus. Stan, if I made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me.

If you go there, please let us all know how you liked it!!

Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining

Great Idea

I used to eat there daily when my office was next door. I'm up north island these days

The Seafood Stir-a-bout is a fish stew and a meal in itself. They serve fresh catch every day. You can order grilled, fried, or blackened.

You can also try their Alligator.

Stan (hhiguy)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining

Thanks to both of you, we are counting down the days until we will be there. I will definately tell you how we liked it. One more question. What is this Skillets breakfast place that were on a few of the posts. Can't find anything about it. Where is it? Can you tell we aren't cooking. Thanks. Sue

London, UK
Level Contributor
220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining

Skillets is in Coligny Circle in Forest Beach. I can definitely recommend it for breakfast. We went most mornings last year (that's probably why I put on half a stone!!) and will be there again in 10 days time. To view their menu the link is www.hhidining.com/aaa/menus/skillets.jpg.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining

Thanks UK, have a safe flight over here. We have been counting down the days too. 10 days for us too. Yippee. Love vacation.