We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok--hilton head for couples?

New York
Level Contributor
147 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
ok--hilton head for couples?

I must not be phrasing my topics right...can anyone offer lodging tips for a first-time romantic trip to HH? Is there any resort I should avoid?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ok--hilton head for couples?

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you want either. Are you looking for a hotel or a house/condo/apartment? You mention "unit" and "recently repainted/remodled" which makes me think you want a house or condo. Since it is only for four nights, that could be a little tricky. Costs could be all over the place depending on where and how nice. Throw out some figures as to what you want to spend and someone will probably be more helpful.

New York
Level Contributor
147 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ok--hilton head for couples?

Thanks for responding! If I sound all over the place, it's because I am--the trip research has me overwhelmed! :( I'm looking for a condo. Most of the rental sites have steered me toward the Hilton Head Beach/Tennis Resort units (which seem nice and absolutely acceptable). I'm looking for 4 or 5 nights. It can be Memorial Day weekend or the week after--I realize rentals are booking fast, it's a last-minute trip for sure.

We just need something clean and nice. From what I've read here, if it says it's remodeled etc., it's probably in better shape. Am I going to be able to find that for $600 or less? If not, what *can* I expect to pay at this point? It's just 2 of us, we don't need more than 1 bedroom but we do need a bed--not a sleeper sofa.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ok--hilton head for couples?

See the posting I made on Plantations. It's long but explains a lot.

Stan (hhiguy)

BTW HHB&T could be Ok, but you need to see pictures for not all units are up to standard.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ok--hilton head for couples?

You should look at the Breakers. They are small but are on the beach, and they are in your price range.

Stan (hhiguy)

Mentioned in this post
The Breakers
The Breakers
101 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC