We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

Can I get some opinions on the following resorts. We have never been to HH and want something nice on the beach. Just the 2 of us, no kids. Have looked at villas extensively at Seacrest, Shorewood, and Beachside Tennis. All look nice, the first 2 being close to Coligny I guess and the last close to South beach marina and Salty dog and shops. Please Help, the more I research the more undecided I am!

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

Did you read Stan's Plantations sticky? That might help you narrow down your selection.

I'm sorry I cannot help you more ... when my hubby and I travel, we always stay in hotels, so I have no experience or recommendations regarding rental villas/condos/homes.

And you might do a search here on the forum for Seacrest, Shorewood and Beachside. You might be able to narrow things down based on others' reports/recommendations.

Good luck!

Edited: 1:23 pm, August 29, 2011
Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

the newest and possibly best is SeaCrest. they have the most amenities on Site. (fitness Center, Jacuzzi, Tikihut )

remember all units in each condo mentioned are individually owned so your mileage may vary.

Stan (hhiguy)

Dahlonega, Georgia
Level Contributor
192 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

Again inside a plantation you are in a gated setting . Coligny is where things are happening. The beach is pretty there. Basically you can not go wrong with any of your choices . It is a lovely place in or out of a plantation and easy to get around. Pick the one closest to the beach!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

It really depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for. I live about 2 hours from HHI, and my wife and I go here quite a bit. The South Beach area in Sea Pines is really nice if you're looking for a quiet getaway. The actual "beach" at South Beach is very secluded and with very little activity and no public facilities. However, you can go to the Sea Pines Beach club which has a seaside restaurant, and restrooms etc... It's accessible via car, bike or walking. The bike trails are fantastic with most of the land being flat. The Salty Dog has various shops around it, and usually has some live music at night on the weekends. We tend to stay either here or Palmetto Dunes, and go off these plantations for dinner or lunch.

The Coligny Circle area is nice, and you have more options as far as beach, eating and nightlife, and many or less expensive than those on the plantations. Hope this helps!

5. Re: Where to Stay on Hilton Head??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 17, 2012