We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Shelter Cove

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Shelter Cove

We'll be arriving n Hilton Head this weekend and heading out to Shelter Cove to shop at the Piggly Wiggly. Are there any good, not incredibly expensive, restaurants nearby where we can get some supper before beginning our grocery shopping adventure?

KY
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

Fudruckers, ( is that the right spelling? ) is right there in the same parking lot as P/W and there is also a great pizza place on the corner of that shopping center opposite end fron the grocery store. Fudruckers is on the same end as the pizza place. We always get pizza from there and then snack on it for a couple of days:)

new york
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

I believe Guiseppe's is the pizza place that is being mentioned. What ever you do- stay away from Little Venice in Shelter Cove- bad reviews from many!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

Fuddruckers is in a separate building at the other end of the shopping center.

Nearby at that end of the center is Giuseppi's Pizza.

Finally you have Larrys Famous Subs, a very good sub shop with a sit down area.

Most of the better restaurants are in the marina area which is past the Mall.

Here you will find San Miguel, Scotts, Bistro 17, Parrot Cove, and Ocean Grill.

Stan (hhiguy)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
490 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

He CoalTown - We might see ya! We'll be rolling into town around noon. I ordered my groceries for the first time online through Harris Teeter. We'll see how that goes, hopefully well so we don't have to fight the usual crowds at the grocery store. The Pig didn't have online shopping for their Shelter Cove store.

Here are a few restaurants and their menus so you can see the prices. Scott's if our favorite but it's not at Fuddrucker's prices but it's a place we eat at every year. Giuseppi's might be crowded as we've eaten there the past 2 years for lunch on the Saturday we've gotten to the Island and there was a wait for a table and then it took awhile to get our food. I strictly got to San Miguel's for their margaritas and their food didn't impress me that much but that was many years ago. I've never eaten at the Parrot Cove but their menu looks good.

http://www.scottsfishmarket.com/menu.htm

giuseppispizza.com/pdfs/HHead_Bluffton_Menu.…

http://www.sanmiguels.com/menu.php

http://www.parrotcovegrill.com/

Jennifer

Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

Thanks. Some of my relatives also highly recommend Guiseppies.

Boston
Level Contributor
783 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

We stay in Shelter Cove while in Hilton Head, I would also suggest Guiseppee for pizza and Parriott Cove. I know Kingfisher's has not gotten good reviews for their dining room, however, we frequent their Happy Hour in the lounge for shrimp and snow crab legs and have never had a bad experience. You do need to be careful of the bill, because they automatically add an 18% tip, which is in the small print on the happy hour menu. I do my shopping for the first few days when we arrive and one thing we usually get is a roasted chicken and some side dishes in the grocery store for the first night's dinner instead of going out to eat. By the time we get to HH we usually just want to sit back, relax and enjoy the beginning of vacation

Hope you have a great vacation.

Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
821 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

I've heard good reports of Scott's Fish Market in Shelter Cove. The one time we were there, we thought it was rather expensive, but good.

Randolph NJ
Level Contributor
398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

We ate at the Ocean Grill this year and it was OK but in the end we thought it was too pricey for what you got. I've heard Scotts is good and Kingfisher is not.

Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

We ate at Kingfisher, mostly b/c they had a more extensive menu than Scott's, and we had two picky teenagers with us. My food was terrible. No one else complained about theirs, but mine was truly awful. I did not know it was possible to make prime rib that tough.

USA
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Shelter Cove

I ALWAYS tell people to stay clear of Kingfisher...overpriced and undesirable food....same with Crazy Crab at Harbor Town.