We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental - Good bikes ?

MN
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Rental - Good bikes ?

Last year I'd noticed some rental bikes that were fairly new and were better quality (alum crank arms, etc.) than most. Does anyone know which company this is? They were still 1 speed cruisers, but lighter, smoother, quieter.

Thanks,

louisville
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rental - Good bikes ?

I'm not sure which company this is. But, we just rented from Pedals and we were very happy with our bikes. The bikes were in good condition and we didn't have any trouble with them at all. They were also very quiet and smooth riding. They also rode very well on the beach. Pedals is right next to Aunt Chiladas on Pope Avenue near the circle. You can also call them before you get there and they will deliver them on the day you arrive. Have a great time. We loved riding our bikes on the beach and on the trails!

MN
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Rental - Good bikes ?

Vet, thanks for your reply. We've used Pedals a number of years and their bikes are OK. The bikes I'm talking about are a step or two up from Pedals though.

MN
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Rental - Good bikes ?

For anyone interested I think I found the place. It's Coconuts. Their bikes are $18 for steel crank arm versions and $20 for the upgraded bike with aluminum components.

Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations