We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike paths for Kids on or near Hilton Oceanfront Resort?

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
193 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bike paths for Kids on or near Hilton Oceanfront Resort?

Hi,

We are staying at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort in a couple of weeks, travelling with a 5 and 2 yr.-old. Is there a boardwalk or bike path along the beach on or near this resort, where my little ones and I can bike/scooter/roller-skate safely?

Thanks.

Samina

louisville
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike paths for Kids on or near Hilton Oceanfront Resort?

There are bike paths throughout the entire island. I am not sure how close it is to the place you are staying at though. You can find a map of the bike paths on some of the hilton head websites. They are suppose to be really nice.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike paths for Kids on or near Hilton Oceanfront Resort?

I stayed at the Hilton last fall and did some biking around there. There weren't any bike paths along the ocean, but you can bike on the beach. The sand is pretty packed down and your children will be OK riding on it (I'm a big guy so I sank, but my girlfriend had no troubles.) There are bike paths near the hotel, and all bike paths are connected to each other all over the island. While we didn't bike on a paved trail on the beach, we did bike some nice trails near ponds, woods and beautiful houses. Make sure you get a good bike map at the hotel or from the internet.