We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying on Oyster Catcher Rd In July????

Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Staying on Oyster Catcher Rd In July????

My family of nine are staying in a house in Oyster Catcher Rd. Has anyone heard of this area? Is it nice?

Alos, this is the first time that we are renting a home. Is there anything we should look out for, or should be concerned about?

Has anyone heard of a bad renting company?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying on Oyster Catcher Rd In July????

Hi uk lady2:

Oyster Catcher Road is in the gated community of Sea Pines. You will get a gate pass with your rental. Sea Pines in in the "toe" of Hilton Head Island. People can pay $5.00 for a gate pass which allows them to visit Harbour Town and South Beach Village.

It's a very nice area of the island. We have never stayed in Sea Pines but have visited the above mentioned places.

Download www.googlearth.com (it's free) and punch in the address of your rental. You will be able to see the area from satellite. It's really quite amazing. You never mentioned the name of the rental company. Like anything, people have bad experiences with just about anything. You will love Hilton Head.

You will need to eat at The Salty Dog Cafe or The Wreck of the Salty Dog in South Beach Village.

Hope this helps, a bit.

D in Muskoka

new york
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying on Oyster Catcher Rd In July????

I hope you have a good experience renting your home. We recently rented a home and had a great house but there were some issues-perhaps someone else can help with what I am saying:

The house was immaculate and we loved it. There was an elevator which caused a few problems because of the safety features on it- no big deal. It was stocked with every kitchen tool known to man- absolutely over the top decorations!! Gorgeous. We had our main issue with the pool and spa. We had to pay an extra $400 for the pool to be heated. OK-its early April and we knew we would need that. However- it was on a timer and shut off every night- that week the temps got into the 30's at night- so our pool would loose about 10 degrees overnight. It would take ALL DAY- to get back to 80 degrees! It was never warm enough to swim. The spa never got past 83 degrees and if you ran the spa- the heater shut off. The filter never ran either so the pool was full of debris. IMHO- if I am paying for the pool to be heated- I want it as hot as I want it!! We called the pool guy and house maintance man 4 times and they couldn't figure out how to shut off the timer. We asked for our $$ back for the heated pool adn were told no because she had to pay the maintenance guy $75 each time we called him- not my problem! Anyway- just make sure you know what's up with the pool! Never again will I pay extra for a pool.

3. Re: Staying on Oyster Catcher Rd In July????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 30, 2009